Sunday, March 22, 2009

First Impressions of the Twilight Movie

It was just as cheesy as I expected it to be, which was great because I love a cheesy movie!

I've only watched it once because I can't watch it with Hubs in the room because he won't shut his fool mouth. He constantly makes fun of it. Anyway:

* I love Charlie. He was the perfect Charlie. :)
* I love that Jasper was just standing there like an angry mannequin in most of his scenes. That's what he was in the book!
* I dug the first cafeteria scene. Everyone staring at them and they're looking back like, "yeah, I could eat you if I wanted to."

Check out Edward's face in this still. Somebody at that table just farted. My guess is Jasper.



* When Edward grabbed Bella and ran up the mountain, it reminded me of this guy from The Price is Right:



Speaking of Edward and running up the mountain, I was MUY DISAPPOINTED that the meadow scene was so different and hardly even there. I loved that part of the book. Driving to the meadow, the first run through the woods, the tender touches, and the first kiss in the woods. I was sad that it was so different.

*We're in ur kitchens. Cookin ur Italian foods.



*I loved all the sultry stares that Rob used as Edward.





This is the "I'm totally going to sex you up three movies from now" look.



*My last observation, I promise. What the freak was Bella wearing on her foot to the prom? Not the cast, but the other thing? That rancid sneaker? I remember in the book that Alice put a stiletto on her. Because Edward was talking about how her leg looked tasty in more ways than one. And then she wears THIS in the movie:



So I did some research and check out what I found!

Magazine photo shoot:


"Speak" poster (disclaimer: I loved this movie and thought Kristen did a great job in it. I'm not decrying the movie. Just pointing out a pattern.)



So the shoes are evidently a part of her being, so there was no way they could include the stiletto.

And I'll end it all up, because a lot of people are not Jacob fans (I'm TE all the way), with this awesome picture of Taylor holding a tiny dog.



Doesn't this make you like him just a little bit?

And this picture of Rob being VERY COLD. Note to movie staff: Please take better care of him this time. He's kind of a big deal. Thanks.

7 comments:

Michele said...

They all look like babies! I can't lust after babies!!! Give me Sean Connery so I can feel like less of a perv.

Sara said...

Hey, Robert Pattinson is totally legal.

Natalia said...

Agreed on all of it, lol!

I had to LOL @ your Jackson hair comment on Lauren's Bite :)

-Nat

Sara said...

Natalie, Jackson's hair was SCARY in that picture. He looked like Lyle Lovett. *shudder*

Sara said...

Bah! My comment totally *poofed* Curse you Blogger!

Anywho, to recap! I feel the same way about the shoes Kristen is wearing in the Prom scene. Does she need to be told that she's acting and therefore assuming the identity of CHARACTER? That she's not playing herself? Guess she didn't get that memo. And I detest the leggings! If she wears either of those articles of clothing in the wedding scene in BD, I will sue her and Summit Entertainment. End. Of. Story. (But, I'll still buy all the movies and run them on constant loop...hehehe!)

Sara said...

I think she wears those shoes in any movie she's in. STOP IT! Alice, the true Alice, would have never let her out of the house dressed like THAT.

As for sneakers and wedding dresses, I did wear a brand new pair of Sketchers running shoes under my wedding gown. It was right after a huge ice storm and I decided I would rather wear grippy shoes than bust my butt in my wedding dress. :)

My movie is on a constant loop, as well. Last time I watched I vowed to be uber critical of Rob's American accent. About halfway through I decided it didn't matter. He's sexy enough to pull off any accent he wants to. And his accent was pretty good for a first attempt at a different accent on film. He had a few slip ups. There's one part, I can't remember which one right off the top of my head, but he says two or three sentences and sounds totally British while doing it. LOL!

Kelly said...

LOL you make me want to read the books and watch the movie.