Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Attack of the Scary Pajamas

Last night none of my standard flannels were clean. All three pairs were in the dirty laundry because I was lazy and didn't do laundry yesterday. Sue me. Anyway, I had to figure out what to wear to bed. I FREEZE at night, so I have to have something warm to wear. I dug around and found these:



My mom got them for a few Christmases ago and I haven't worn them yet. So I threw them on and crawled into bed. Around 3:00 I woke up, really needing a drink of water. We have a full length mirror at the end of the hall way. When I'm walking back from the kitchen (all the lights are off), I see this floating in the mirror:




I skittered back into the kitchen and tried to catch my breath. I peeked back around the corner and saw nothing in the mirror. I stepped out and saw it again! Convinced I was hallucinating, I jumped back into my totally conspicuous hiding place to figure out what to do. This mysterious floaty thing in the mirror was between me and my room. More importantly, it was between me and Hubs and me and M. I dropped my head into my hands to think and realized what I was seeing.

MY MOM GOT ME FREAKING GLOW-IN-THE-DARK PANTS AND DIDN'T TELL ME! Wow. I lost 30 minutes of sleep because I was scared of my pants.

5 comments:

Sara! said...

Yep, I'm a stranger. I read your comment on Lauren's blog and was curious. (No, I'm not the person you were talking about, but I do spell my name the same way, so I had to check.)

Anyhoo, I just read your entire blog and laughed lots! This story made my day.

Sara said...

Yay! Another Sara without the H! Love it!

Michele said...

Aww - did you get some widdle gwow in the dahk jammies from your mommy? Aww... isn't that sweet? :-)

Sara said...

Shut it, Michele. ;)

Lost Recap tonight! Woohoo!

Kelly said...

haha!