Saturday, March 21, 2009

Best. Phone Call. Ever.

So today M went down for an early nap and Hubs went to party with some friends of his (by party I mean he went to fix their computer), and I sat down with my Twilight DVD. I had not seen the movie yet, so I was having all kinds of 13 year old girl giddiness going on, even though I'm too old for that kind of thing. Whatever. Squee! I turn it on and my phone rings. I pause it and run to get the phone. It was my grandma. I completely shut the DVD off because these conversations are never short.

We talked about the normal stuff. She wanted all the dirt on M. I wanted all the dirt on her strawberry patch, etc. etc. (she grows the BEST strawberries in the history of the world ever). After awhile she got quiet. That's how she gets when she has something really important to say. So I said, "What's up, Gram? Do you need to talk about something?" And she said yes.

She said that she went to a bookstore the other day and bought a new book. And she loved it so much that she went out and bought the other books. I'm thinking Harlequins or something? So I said, "Gram, spit it out. Why are we talking about your book purchases?" And she said, "You're going to think I'm so silly." THAT'S RIGHT WORLD. MY GRAM IS A TWILIGHT LOVER! See she's embarrassed because she found them in the teen section. She said she got lost on the way to the cookbooks. ROFL. Anyway, she read Twilight and needed the other three books. She knows I love books, and read a lot of classics. She said, "Aren't you just embarrassed of me? I mean, these aren't the kind of books you read." I told her that I like the books too and we talked about them for awhile. So here it is. The things my Gram likes about Twilight:

- She is team.....Carlisle! She likes Carlisle because he's more "sophisticated."
- She thinks Jessica is "lewd" and "hateful"
- She likes that Edward drives a Volvo because it means he's responsible.
- She likes Jasper, but she thinks Emmett needs a spanking (lots of girls think that, Gram.)
- She said that Alice makes her tired and she needs to comb her hair (I love that she's seeing that in her head).
- She wonders if vampires wear underwear.

That was about the extent of our conversation. It was GREAT. Not just great, but Tony the Tiger GRREEEEEAAAAAAT! Gran, I know you'll never read this because you don't like the internets, but you seriously rock my world. Thanks for being my Twilight buddy.

I will write about my reflections on the Twilight DVD sometime soon.

4 comments:

Michele said...

That's so funny!! Isn't it weird to relate on something so fresh and now?

Sara said...

I wasn't expecting it AT ALL.

Kelly said...

aw, that's so cute! lol

Katie said...

I found your blog because you left a hysterical Hot-Pockets related comment on Lauren's blog and I wanted to read more of your stuff. I've been skipping through your archives, but this is epic win, here. Your Gram rocks, and your comment about spanking Emmett totally made my day. I'm glad I found you!