Saturday, March 28, 2009

Where I've been since Wednesday

A couple of days ago I was sewing. My sewing corner is in the room where hubs keeps all his instruments. His keyboard (one of the big piano size ones) leans up against the wall in the corner next to my sewing machine. So I'm sewing away and this 900 ton keyboard decides to fall over. I reacted the only way I could. "Protect the sewing machine at all costs." So I stuck my leg out to stop the keyboard from crushing my sewing machine and it crushed my leg instead! Well, it didn't crush it, but I ended up with a deep muscle injury in my left calf. So I have some fun medicine now and I'm probably going to be floaty for a few days, so I don't know if I'll blog or not. Oh, and in case you were worried, the sewing machine survived unscathed. Because I'm a hardcore protective homemaker that way.

I'll be reading Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut while I'm convalescing and trying not to get fat so I won't piss off my trainer when I can finally hit the gym again. Oh, and, much to the chagrin of Hubs and my cardiologist, I've decided to start training for our city's marathon next year. I did cave and agree to just do the half marathon instead of the whole. I think that Hubs is secretly happy that the keyboard squashed me because it sets my training back. Hopefully I'll be able to catch up.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Ewww, sorry about your leg, the pain, your training getting pushed back...on the upside, though: Happy Pills are...interesting :) LOL, maybe it WOULD be worth it to blog under the influence ;)

I hope you feel better soon--and enjoy the book!

Kelly said...

Sorry you hurt your leg! I hope it gets better fast!

Michele said...

Bummer about the leg. I've noticed I bruise and injure more now that I'm a mom... that whole insult to injury thing. Sucks. The other day, I was rescuing my daughter from another book that she was eating (yes, she eats paper) - I went to climb over the gate that corrals her in the living room and ATE $#!%. It was bad. I now have large purple and green bruises on my arm and knee. I'm so graceful.