Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Day of Weird

So today was just a general day of weird. I set my alarm for 5 am for the gym like always. I woke up at 9:50. My (battery operated) digital clock had some kind of brain fart in the middle of the night because it said that it was 12:03 and the alarm never went off. Even weirder was that Babycakes slept until 9:50. She's usually up by 7. And she had a giant nosebleed all over her crib and pajamas. She's never done that before. We have breakfast and I sewed a little bit on the billion projects I have going. Then we went to the library and some guy was wanting in my lane so I let him in front of me. And he flipped me off for it! WHAT? What was his problem? I don't know where you're from, buddy, but that's not how we say thank you in the US of A! There was a guy in a giraffe costume at the library. NO LIE. I asked the librarian why he was there, thinking there was a children's show or something that Babycakes would like. The librarian said she didn't know why he was there. He'd been there for three hours just sitting in the quiet room. They can't call the cops because I don't think dressing up like an animal and sitting in the library is against the law. I know this because I once I dressed up as a giant squirrel and threw nuts at people in college on a dare. That doesn't make it not weird. We went to Hobby Lobby and I bought some stuff to make a tiara for the little princess. She was wearing a toboggan (it's cold here still) that looks like a little dog and has dog ears. Some elderly gentleman walked by and said, "Look at her!" and grabbed her (hat) ears and pulled really hard. WHAT IN THE WORLD? I am so confused at the world and people in general right now.

When we got home, I sprawled out in the floor with Babycakes. She was playing with her My Little Ponies. I dozed off for a few minutes and when I woke up there were six My Little Ponies sitting right in front of my face, staring at me. Talk about creepy.

Then my favorite green-beans serving spoon (all of my utensils have a specific purpose) got broken in a freak dishwasher unloading accident. SADNESS. That's the end of the day of weird.

I'm sad now, though, because Hubs is getting ready to leave on a business trip. It's not for very long, but it just makes me sick when he goes away. We don't always get along, but what best friends do? He's been packing all night. You know how your dog or cat starts acting all weird when you start packing your suitcase? That's how I was tonight. Pacing the house and whining. I restrained myself from peeing the houseplants, though. It's just really hard on me to be apart from him. We've been married for eight years and it still tears me up when he's not here. And to make it worse, Babycakes is starting to get really attached to her daddy. It's going to be hard for both of us this time. I've been hiding love you notes and little treats in his luggage while he's not looking. He's going to be really busy and will not have much time to call. I'm really not looking forward to the rest of the week. I will, however, do my best to blog LOST tomorrow night (just for you Michele, because I said that I would if you guys were reading my blog. :) ). Anyway, I'm off to mope in my mopiness. I'll try to be more chipper for my LOST post tomorrow. Maybe blogging will help me keep my spirits up! YAY FOR BLOGGING AWESOMENESS!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Wow, that was a weird day.

I know what you mean about missing your hubby when he's gone. After 15 months and a dozen missions you'd think I'd be used to him being away... NOPE!

Luckily, Jason's a mommy's boy all the way. He gives DH the cold shoulder when he comes back from a mission.

Sara said...

I'm still freaked out by the guy in the giraffe costume. It bothers me when I don't know why people are doing things. I guess because I'm chronically nosy.

Haha! Good for Jason. :) M's just entering her "Daddy's Girl" phase. She asked for him this morning and I told her he would be back in a few days and she screwed that little face up and cried for a good 45 minutes. Sheesh. Rough.

Alyssa G said...

Oh no, it is MUCH more fun not knowing. Think of all the possibilities! Getting lost on the way to a costume party, trying to find a book on what Giraffes eat, or the most boring, but most likely, men in costumes need quiet time too.

Keysha said...

Are you sure we're not from the same town? I almost peed my pants imagining the giraffe at the library. LMAO!