Thursday, March 5, 2009

Something smells good....

I decided to bake some cupcakes for the Hubs to surprise him when he comes home in the morning. I made his favorite, devil's food!



I noticed while they were baking that I need to get new bananas, but that's beside the point.



I decided that I would make candy to put on the cupcakes after I frosted them, but what kind of candy?? I decided on spiders to commemorate my epic battle this morning.

Here is the alive spider:



And here is the spider after our battle:



I'm so excited! I've never made spiders before. I'm going to frost the cupcakes with whipped dark chocolate frosting in the morning and then add the candy. I'll post pictures of them so you can see the finished product!

5 comments:

Michele said...

I love your spiders - I'd eat them - well, you know... voluntarily. Not in my sleep like the last three dozen spiders I ate.

Kelly said...

mmmmm, yummy!

and you should put those bananas in a blender, add some milk and whatever and drink them! mmm...

Sara said...

Good idea, Kelly! I actually usually use them to make banana bread, but I may try the smoothie instead!

Sara said...

And yuck, Michele! LOL!

Kelly said...

maybe I'll make banana bread next time, lol. look, we're like, swapping ideas and stuff!