Friday, March 13, 2009

New Friend!

I have a new friend. Actually, Templeton and Peregrin have a new friend.



He's "weathered" looking so he'll fit right in with my poor, neglected little guys. I thought if I bought a new gnome who looked all shiny and well taken care of that my neglected gnomes might be insanely jealous and I'd have a case of gnomicide on my hands. So I bought him, looking pretty much like your average Santa hobo, because I thought they'd all get along merrily together. I love how he's stroking his beard. It's as if he's saying, "Why yes, Sara, everything you say is brilliant." Or he's making me an offer I can't refuse. Either way it's win win. Hubs noticed him as soon as he got home from work because the little guy was sitting in his chair watching "Bride and Prejudice" (yes, it's the second mention this week. I rented it from the library. M loves the colors and dancing and I about bust a gut every time I see Sayid breaking it down in his hammer pants, so it's been in the DVD player pretty much all week).

Anyway, Hubs asked me, actually told me that if I insisted on having yet another gnome that I at least needed to give him a non-girly name. That's because whenever someone comes to the door (the mailman, a kid trying to sell me candy bars, our pastor) and mentions the gnomes I blurt out their names because I just can't help myself. I was offended, though, that he thought Peregrin and Templeton are girly names. Peregrin is the name of a BOY hobbit in Lord of the Rings and Templeton is just a last name I saw in the phone book. So I thought long and hard about a non-girly name and then I decided on....drumroll...Twinklebottom.



I think he concurs.

3 comments:

Michele said...

My hubby would refuse to acknowledge the name Twinklebottom. It would go unsaid. And if I ever referred to gnome as such, I'd receive a firm swat upside the head. My hubby's mean.

Kelly said...

My hubby would love the name Twinklebottom. He'd probably lengthen it to Twinklebottompoo.

Katie said...

Templeton is the name of the rat in Charlotte's Web. Totally a boy name.