Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Better Day Today

Well, I'm recovering from my dirt day yesterday. M got some new shoes today and they're so cute and sparkly that I couldn't help but smile! Today's going to be a random post about stuff that made me happier than yesterday.

First thing:
My dandies are blooming! Only these are the rogue ones that are growing in the ditch for some reason so they won't last long. I'll probably go pick them tomorrow and put them on the table.



The next one made me smile and then gag at my thoughtlessness.


These dashing gentlemen are Peregrin and Templeton, my garden gnomes (Yes I named them. Shut up). I usually take them out of the flowerbed when it starts getting cold but I forgot! And then the leaves covered them. We leave the leaves in the flowerbed through the winter because I'm convinced that it's good for the soil. Today the wind blew the leaves off the flowerbed and OH NOES! I forgot to take care of my little guys and they are looking worse for the wear. I guess I'll have to buy them a little friend to make it up to them. The Hubs will LOVE that!

The last thing is that I bought the fabric to make M's summer clothes. I wasn't going to make all of her clothes, but since I lost my job it will save us a lot of money if I make her clothes instead of buying them. So this is the fabric for sundresses, tank tops, and capri's; everything but a couple of pairs of shorts.







7 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh, those poor gnomes!

I can't wait to see the clothes you make! You're so talented!!!!!

Sara said...

I'm almost done with some of the clothes and I got my little gnomes a new friend! I'll post about him sometime this weekend.

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Cutest little gnomies!!

Michele said...

I love your taste in fabric. I wish I knew how to sew. I feel like I would rock at it. ;-)

Sara said...

Thanks, Lauren!

Michele, you could totally do it. Sewing is easy once you get the hang of it. The only bad thing is that it can be time consuming. M's clothes will take me a long time to make, especially since I'm sewing some stuff for other people right now. You rock at everything, so why not rock at sewing, too? :)

Sara said...

I just notice dhow Templeton is looking at me in that picture. Like he's saying, "Why, Sara? Why?"

Michele said...

He DOES have that look!! Spooooky...