Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Lost Recap

Okay, Mr. Newscaster needs to shut it. We don't need his play-by-play of Obama's speech running over into LOST time. SHUT IT!

Recaps - Desmond was soooo lucky to have bought the bulletproof lettuce. It's a little more expensive than normal lettuce, but as Des just demonstrated, it comes in handy. Little Charlie is so cute! I just want to pinch his cheeks!

Eloise is visiting Des in the hospital. So it's the big reveal! Eloise is DANIEL'S MOTHER! Oh...we kind of already knew that, producers. You could have saved the suspenseful music for something really suspenseful. CS Lewis said not to use the word infinite for something that is not infinite. If you do, what will you use for something that is truly infinite? Something to think about, only substitute suspenseful music for infinite. So Daniel has been in Ann Arbor this whole time. That's kinda boring. I'm so happy to see Daniel again. He's so intense and softy speaking.

My TV is being all jerky with the picture and that is NOT COOL! Star Trek sneak peak! THAT is cool. Is this Star Trek or Men in Black or Jurassic Park? I'm confused. That had nothing to do with spaceships.

Is that little Daniel playing the piano? I'm loving it. He's musical too. Look at him with his little tucked in stripy shirt and braces. Poor guy was NEVER the cool guy. That's okay, though, because there are girls like me who dig nerds. Daniel's gift is the ability to count. Like the Count on Sesame street, only he doesn't get to wear a cool cape.

Does anyone else think that young Daniel's mom looks a lot like Juliet? Not old creepy Eloise, but younger, bossy, metronome hating Mama Faraday. She looked like Juliet.

Speaking of HER, there she is in Sawyer's house. I still don't like her. I want to kick her in her perfect hair. Haha! Phil got what he's been deserving for weeks now.

Daniel's still reading his beat up journal that holds the answer to every question on the island. He just told Dr. Chang he's from the future. I hope he doesn't explain the inner workings of the flux capacitor, because that d-bag would totally use it for evil.

Oh...Daniel got the diss from Dr. Chang. Look at Dan in his grad robe and grunge hair. Ooo, she would be a totally witchy mother-in-law. This is a classic example of why you shouldn't try to live through your kids. If she wanted to be all smart and time travel-y, she should have done it herself. Daniel wanted to make beautiful music and make-out with curly haired blondes. He doesn't want to be a keyed up hot mess on a time jumping island. Charles Widmore *cough*danielsdad*cough* came up. Awwwkwwaaaaaaard. And she gave him a present. She is a master at sending people on the guilt trip. Oh, she bought him the cursed journal. Why doesn't that surprise me?

Twitchy. :) What a great nickname for Daniel. It's still not suspenseful. I'm not surprised Eloise is on the island in 1977. We already knew that Widmore was there in 77. Why do they keep wasting their suspenseful music?

Daniel's looking ROUGH in that old video. I forgot about that. I don't like to see my Dan crying like that. Daddy Widmore is there, but where is his pony of justice? Charles is making him cry. I hate Widmore! He's such a jerk. He makes everyone cry. Did you hear Daniel do that Joey Lawrence "Whoa"? So Widmore knows the island heals. Well, if he's sending Daniel to heal him so he doesn't cry like a 2 year old girl all the time then he's gotten some credit back. He's gotta be Dan's dad. He's probably everyone's dad. They're all just a screwed up incestuous pool.

Sawyer doesn't want to leave and that makes me sad. I'm pretty sure that Jack and Sawyer are about the have a slapfight. That would be AWESOME! I hope one of them takes his shirt off. Oooo! Sawyer called Kate Freckles and that pissed Juliet off. Maybe more than one slapfight this episode.

Here's the part where Daniel scares the beejeebees out of little Charlotte. I don't know if I want to watch this part. She's cute with her red curls and green eyes and little British accent. Daniel's getting to show off his acting chops in this episode. He has that crying on command thing down pat.

I hate that guy balding guy. He's got some sort of huge attitude problem. He needs a good kick in the shin or a bullte in the head. And OH MY GOODNESS! He just shot Daniel. Why does everyone I love get shot????? Okay, that's the end of mean Paul Giamatti. Nice shot, Jack. For a doctor you have good aim. Oh, dude survived. Whatever. That's the most unbelievable thing on this show since Hurley heated up his Hot Pocket without a crisping sleeve.

That must be forgetful Daniel trying to remember his piano playing. That is so sad. Gah! She's still controlling him and pulling strings even when he's so old! Cut the apron strings Ellie. He's old enough to be my boyfriend. I hate it when evil people have good kids and the good kid can't break away from it. Be strong, Dan!!

I like Kate's coveralls better than Jack and Dan's coveralls. I like Juliet's shirt. It's pretty. Man, she is major pissed at him. I think he should take his shirt off to make it better. Why is Juliet smiling about all this? See, the smirk is not appropriate when you're being held at gunpoint.

Soooo....if they change the building of the Swan hatch, then none of this ever happened? He's going to set of the H bomb?? Oh well, at least it's not the F bomb. Hahaha! I kill myself. No really, is this series just going to end with the crash never happening and none of them remembering it or anything? Because that would suck infinity. Yes, I used infinity.

I hope my hair is as full as Eloise's when I'm an old lady. I just want to touch it. I bet it's soft, like a poodle that's just been brushed. I love Desmond so much. There's that dumbbutt Charles, skulking in corners like a true rat. I knew it. I knew he was Daniel's dad. I've been thinking it the whole episode.

How did they sneak up on the Others? I thought that was impossible. Richard's going with a "less is more" approach with his make-up today. He's still rocking the charcoal pencil, though. NOOOO!!! Daniel's dead. I want to break something.

Previews. Meh, nothing to write home about. I'm going to mourn my Daniel. He had a couple of butts for parents.

4 comments:

Michele said...

Hee hee... bulletproof lettuce.

Hee hee... Sesame Street's Count with the cool cape.

I didn't see the mama Faraday and Juliet connection. Maybe it's the blond thing... all blonds look alike. :-)

What's with Juliet's shirt? It is supposed to be 1977, right? Because I think I have that same shirt in blue from Old Navy.

Twitchy made me laugh. Then I had to confess to the hubs that the Lost site on ABC has a Sawyer nickname generator and I had to generate one for myself. I'm Dr. Giggles. If Sawyer called me that, I think I'd melt.

Hee hee - Widmore is everyone's dad. That's a good one.

Did you notice the very first thing Charlotte said to Daniel is also the very last thing she ever said to him?? Creepy.

Ha ha hee hee... F bomb.

You were right about Dan's dad. I think you called that one WAY back.

I can't believe they killed off Daniel. Usually they kill off the people we don't like so much - like that whiner Shannon and the manly cop chick.

I hate that there are only two episodes left. Makes me want to cry. Good recap this week, though! You had me in giggles the whole time!

Sara said...

As always, I love your LOST recaps :) There's no way that I could add to the wittiness of your post (especially with my preggo brain trying to function at 11:30 at night), so I'll just giggle insanely on this side of the monitor and agree with everything you said :)

As soon as I saw Mama Faraday meet Penny, I had a George Castanza moment with worlds colliding...and instantly wondered why in the world Eloise would even care if Daniel was responsible. Then, like you, I starting thinking that Widmore was Danny boy's daddy-o.

I think that even though Daniel is "dead," he'll still be in some future episodes. There's WAY to much to explain for that to be IT! Plus, little Ben was shot, and HE was healed...why not Daniel? I luffs him too much to accept the fact that he's gone forever.

And, was it just me, or was the gun show-down seen the weakest, most pathetic excuse to have people duck and cover and blow up perfectly good barrels of gasoline? It was just lame...I mean, at least Kate and Daniel could have run in a zig-zag pattern, right??

I can't wait to see your cleverness next week!!!! :D

Sara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara said...

Michele, I totally didn't realize that about Charlotte's line! That is creepy. And I love it when they kill off hated characters like those nincompoops, Paulo and Nikki. I laughed at their Hitchcockian downfall.

Sara, yes, the shootout was totally random and stupid. And I don't understand how that guy could be sitting right behind a barrel of fuel that sets off a massive explosion and still walk away unscathed. Wow. Time travel, I can handle, but surviving that is a real stretch.