Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What's Making me Happy?

I haven't posted in awhile. Sorry. I know that all eight of you have been sitting there with bated breath. I have been singing grunge songs with Michele in the comments of my last post, though. So I haven't been completely absent. I've had family in town so I haven't gotten a chance to sit and blog. I've missed it!

Here's what's making me happy tonight:

1)Singing grunge songs with Michele because she's awesome!

2)I found an UH-MAZING fabric store near my house and I bought these:



The dragonfly print will be a sundress. The blue and brown print will be a decorative pillow. I'm not sure about the rest of it. All I know is that these prints rock.

3)Hubs bought me flowers again. Because he's awesome. And for some reason, he thinks I'm awesome.



4)My daddy was here this weekend and he bought me my very own blueberry bush. Picking (and eating) blueberries was one of my favorite things to do when I was little, and they were the only thing that I was allowed to pick in the garden. Dad said my mouth would be blue all summer long. So he bought me this sweet little blueberry factory of my own and helped me plant it in my yard. AWWWW!



5)I bought M some Lincoln Logs at a yard sale. Okay, I bought me some Lincoln Logs. And I've been building bitchin houses with them all weekend!



6)My mom bought me this awesome ring from 1928 jewelry, my favorite brand of fake stuff. It's awesome. It's like a party on my finger.



Pay no attention to my nasty looking hands. They always look all veiny for awhile after I've been in the hospital.

7)The next one makes me so happy. I've finally felt good enough to start sewing again this week, so our table looked like this:



8)I found this ratty old frame at a yard sale and I'm going to sand it down to it's birth wood and spray paint it cherry red. And it will be awesome because I say so.



9)I found this little covered box at a yard sale and it's so pretty. I thought I would keep it in my purse and keep makeup in it, but M had other ideas. It's where she keeps her "pretties." An old makeup brush of mine and a tube of chapstick.



10)Hubs did the dishes. Did I mention he's made of awesome?

3 comments:

Michele said...

Your hubs IS awesome! You need to make him a shirt that says "I'm awesome" because he deserves to wear it.

Blue and brown fabric? Hello? Can you say "awesome?" I love all of the fabric. They'd make the cutest outfits for your little girl whose name I've already forgotten. Mom brain. It's a curse.

I'm jealous of that $1 frame! I like it in white but I think red would be cool, too. My house is painted and decorated in neutrals and Tuscan colors... because I truthfully wish I lived in a Spanish style or Tuscan style house. But I don't. I live in a plain boring ranch. Really boring. So - I spiced up the inside. It's like a little piece of Tuscan villa heaven in my living room. Except for the goldfish crackers that have been ground into the carpet. But at least they don't clash.

I've always been a huge fan of 1928 jewelry. Love the ring!

I'm the man in the box. Buried in my $#!T. Why don't you come and save me?

Sara said...

I may get Hubs the "I'm Awesome" shirt for Father's Day. Then I would borrow it and wear it all the time.

I'm super excited about my new fabric. I want to make things for M with it, but I need to make things for Etsy if we're starting the store soon. Grrrr...That's going to be the hardest part.

I liked the white, too, but I'm loving red and black lately, so I'll probably still go with the red. As of right now, it's still sitting exactly where it was when I took that picture.

My ring rocks my world. I love 1928 jewelry.

I wish I was like you easily amused
Find my nest of salt, everything is my fault
I'll take all the blame, aqua seafoam shame
Sunburn, freezerburn, choking on the ashes of her enemy

Bam! I love grunge. I need to find all my old CDs.

Kelly said...

Very nice fabric, and yay for all the other stuff you got!