Friday, July 31, 2009

Some of my favorite websites

Because I'm awake, and I need something to do until child falls asleep, I am going to share some of my favorite websites with you right now!! Bonus post!


I love craft fail. When I crochet two booties that don't match or sew a cape that ends up looking like a tarp, I can go to craft fail and feel the warm and fuzzy feeling of camaraderie. Even the craftiest have their dark moments, people.

PostSecret
PostSecret makes me love people again. It started with a guy named Frank who wanted to start an art project where people sent him anonymous secrets on a postcard. It blew up into a worldwide phenom. Frank has since released several books full of secrets. Frank posts secrets to his blog every Sunday. Most of the secrets don't relate to me. Every once in awhile, though, there is that one secret that I read and know that I could have written that. It's an amazing feeling to connect with people you don't even know when you realize that you feel the same pain or joy as they do. Someone somewhere in the world feels the same. Warm fuzzies!

This Guy

always makes me grin like a fool.

Baby Name Wizard

I found this site when I was pregnant with M. It is the coolest baby name site I have ever seen. I love how it shows the rise and fall of popularity of names.

Gift Elephant

Helps me remember who I've given what to and helps keep my giving organized. Since my family is HUGE this is a lifesaver of a tool for me. It also helps you keep track of gifts that you may want to "regift" to make sure you don't give them back to someone who gave them to you!

Mod Cloth

If we had a money tree in our backyard, this is where I would buy my clothes. Just go to dresses and scroll down and look at the blue and black Silhouette Dress on page one. If we had money, it would be hanging in my closet right now!

So spill in the comments. What are your favorite sites?

7 comments:

Jeff and Jenn said...

....um..... why are there zero comments on this?! Sara, you are too funny! I read your comments on Laurens blog actually laughed out loud. Really laughed, not like "lol" on the end of an IM laughed. Thanks!

Michele said...

Very cute clothing website! Thanks for the recommendation!

Lessee... sites I enjoy. www.thepioneerwoman.com - my most read website (next to yours, of course).
www.failblog.com Funny stuff.
www.cakewrecks.com More funny stuff.
www.drudgereport.com... the news.
www.ilovephotography.com... all things photography. I've learned so much.

I can't think of anything else.

Sara said...

You're too funny! I hope more and more people keep discovering your blog--you make my days brighter with your humor, wit, insight, and intelligence. Thank you!

Now, onto my fav websites.

1) Facebook. Yes...I'm a FB addict.
2) BlueFly. I look but don't buy and dream of a time when I would have looked good wearing that clothing.
3) Lolcats (http://icanhascheezburger.com/). I laugh so hard every time I go there.
4) Twilight Ramblings and Thoughts (http://www.ramblingsandthoughts.com/twilight/index.php). Great fanfic, and I'm trying to get my stuff up there.
5) The 305 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wpa2Qplm8M). It's a parody of 300 and The Office...I watch it every time I need a pick-me-up :)

Sara said...

Hi Jeff and Jenn! Welcome! :)

Michele, I forgot all about Cake Wrecks! Love that site!

Sara, thank you for introducing me to the 305! Funny!

Michele said...

A good friend's mom made the cutest smocks for Emily from this company/website... they have GREAT stuff.

http://www.indygojunctioninc.com/store/

Sara said...

I love that site, Michele! Thanks for the link!

Nancy Face said...

Mod Cloth is so awesome!