Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Random Musings

* Last night we were eating dinner and I asked Hubs if he needed something more to drink. He said, "Yes, I need a TEA-FILL!" The sad part is that I laughed because it's the best joke I've heard in weeks. The Office really needs to come back on.

* Our neighbor's dog barks for infinity and I don't know what to do about it. It's frustrating.

* I don't understand people who cut me off on the interstate and then go 10 mph below the speed limit in front of me. Why WHY?! It makes no sense. Oh, and on a side note, if you drive really slow, stay out of the fast lane.

* M and I took a trip to the Wal-Mart today. We had to drive across town to the ghetto Wal-Mart because the one by our house doesn't carry the trash bags we like. When we got there a cart came rolling across the parking lot out of nowhere and smashed into the side of the car. Did I mention I'm driving Hubs' car this week? So now I have to explain that to him. Oh the way into the store a bird pooped on our cart, so I had to go get a different cart. Then M had to go potty so I took her in the disgusting public restroom. While I was washing my hands she threw my keys into the trash and they didn't sit on the top. They sunk all the way down to the bottom, below all the soggy paper towels. So I had to go trash can diving. Then I had to wash my hands with scalding water and wash my keys with scalding water. Then I bought some hand sanitizer and have been dousing myself all day. I'm going to be so mad if I catch swine flu from the trash can.

* I hit myself in the face with a door the other day so I have a huge bruise on my face. M fell off the porch last night and has a huge bruise on her arm. A lady in the Wal-Mart bathroom gave me a card with the name of a women's shelter on it. Poor Hubs. He's innocent.

* I'm making superhero capes for a friend of mine and her husband. It is so hilarious to size a cape for a 25 year old man. He was so embarrased.

* Hubs and I have decided that we're going to have a no-buy Christmas this year. M has so much stuff that she never plays with, and we just give our families gift cards every year because we never know what they'll like. So this year we're not buying ANYTHING. Scary, huh? We're making everything. I've spent the last week working on some gifts for M. I made her a diaper bag, velcro diapers, a hooded towel, and other baby items for her dolls. Hubs is building stuff too. It's so much fun, but a lot of work. That's why we're starting early. Starting in August I'll have a regular post on what we're doing and how to make your own Christmas presents. If you have any suggestions leave them in the comments!

6 comments:

Nancy Face said...

YIKES! I think I'll stay away from Wal-Mart this week...those are some crazy nightmare-ish things you went through! :0

I think there should be a "fast lane" rule at the local high school track, too! Okay...there's like 7 or 8 lanes...wouldn't you think that the people who are just there to walk would move to an outer "slow lane"? Yeah, SOME of them do so! But others just mosey along in the inner "fast lane" which forces the people who are RUNNING...in the ridiculous Arizona heat and sweating like pigs...to detour around them! It shouldn't bug me so much, but IT BUGS ME! Gee whiz, now I feel so much better! :)

I love your no-buy Christmas plan SO MUCH! :)

Sara said...

Nancy, the old people at my gym do the SAME THING on the track (and I mean OLD people. Elderly). Drives me nuts. Get in the slow lane!

I'm so excited about homemade Christmas, I can hardly stand it!

Michele said...

Nothing irks me more than driving faux pas. The cutting off and then slowing down thing, driving slow in the fast lane, NOT speeding up to speed of traffic on onramp, and last, but probably most road-rage inducing, not merging into the bike lane when making a right hand turn. Where do people learn to drive? Tijuana?

Fabulous idea for Christmas. We're broke this year. If I was only clever enough to crochet something for everyone. I can't do blankets - the yarn runs me something like $80-$100 for a queen sized afghan. Maybe I'll crochet booties. :-)

Trash can diving - I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Sara said...

I have serious road rage problems. Only when people do stupid stuff.

Michelle, look into a book on crocheting. If you're using that much yarn you may be making your stitches too loose. And there are patterns (like shell patterns), that actually help you conserve yarn!

Trash can diving is awful. I'm trying to forget about it. GAG! At least it wasn't the gas station.

Michele said...

I use that much yarn because I double the yarn when using an afghan hook. And I always use Lion Brand Homespun which isn't very cheap. But I haven't made an adult blankie in a very long time so my methods may indeed be the culprit. I've made tons of baby afghans and they aren't usually expensive. So I don't know. I probably suck. Wouldn't surprise me in the least. :-)

Sara said...

Have you ever tried Bernat yarn? It's cheaper than Lion Brand and just as comparable! :)

I love their baby yarns. They make the softest baby blankets.