Friday, April 2, 2010

What I've been up to

I know you've been wondering. First of all, the reason my LOST post was so late was because we're having trouble with our television. The problem is that it's on too much. So if we feel like going out and having fun, or staying in and having a backgammon tournament, we do that instead of turning on the TV. So we missed LOST on Tuesday and I didn't get to watch it until Wednesday.

I also would like to ask why all you people are reading my blog and not commenting? Throw a girl a bone now and then! As of right now, Michele wins my awesomest blog reader award because she comments! And congrats to her because she's about to have another baby! Here's hoping it's not on a Tuesday, Michele!

What I've been up to is this:

1) Making M's Easter dress.
Yeah, I know. I was cutting it down to the wire. What can I say? I like to live on the edge with my sewing.

Front view

Back view
For the record, this is my favorite fabric ever. I need to go buy more before they discontinue it. Also, my friend was over the other day and said, "How smart! You used a ribbon for a sash!" Yeah, that's called being lazy because I didn't want to make a sash, but thanks.


2) Making fun burp rags for my friend.


I love making burp rags. They're fast, easy, and they turn out beautiful. Why have your baby puke all over an ugly burp rag when you can have one of my beautiful ones! Oh, and they wash out.

My favorite is the one on the far left. I need to buy out that fabric, too. I like the colorful flowers in the center right, too.

3)Decorating our French doors with M

We don't have much room in this house. It's pretty crowded and we just repainted with the intention of putting the house on the market, so we can't hang anything on the walls (I just accidentally typed anythong. For the record we won't hang anythong on the wall either). So M and I decorate the French doors. Right now we're working on spring scenes. The photos are dark because my camera only uses the flash when it feels like it. Temperamental weirdo camera.


First of all, M is big on glitter. She loves the stuff. So we use it in just about every craft we do. The butterflies are fold and paint. Very simple. Cut a butterfly out of construction paper, let your child paint one half of the butterfly, then fold the wings over and smash them together. Pull them apart and they have the same pattern on both wings. M loved it because of the paint and the smashing. I loved it because it wasn't too messy and it wasn't frustrating for her, as a lot of crafts are at this stage. Oh, and the penguins were one of our winter crafts, but she won't let me take them down.

The other door is our "rainy" door. That may change as we get into the summer and the rain lets up some.

4) Enjoying the bea-u-ti-ful weather we've been having lately.

This winter has been rough. Usually I'm all about winter and big cozy sweaters, fires in the fireplace, and hot cocoa, but I can only push so many cars out of my ditch, who landed there because of the unrelenting snow, before winter starts to take a toll on me. It's been wonderful to see dogwoods blooming and feel the warm sunshine again.


5)Acheiving a milestone....and saying goodbye to babydom.

What do these flowers have to do with M growing up? Good question. Hubs bought M these daisies the other day because she loves flowers, she's insanley jealous when he buys me flowers, and because M is potty trained. That's right. I don't have a baby anymore. I have a big girl. It's bittersweet. I love that we're not going to have to shell out the big bucks for diapers anymore, but, seriously, I miss my little baby. I'm proud of my big girl, but I can't believe she's this grown up.


What have you been up to lately?


2 comments:

Michele said...

Cute dress! I love your taste in fabrics.

You've been busy lately. Bravo for shutting off the TV! We need to do the same more often.

Baby Audrey arrived March 26 - one day after big sister's b-day! 7lbs 3oz, 21in - she's a great baby!!

Sara said...

Thanks, Michele! And turning off the TV has been one of the best things we've ever done. I can't believe how much time it takes away from me.

Congratulations on Audrey! I'm going to have to go scour TWW and try to find your info!