Saturday, May 30, 2009

I made a purse today!

This one's better than the other one I made. I wasn't very happy with the way the other one turned out, so I tweaked the pattern a little bit. This one is much more acceptable.






And my Japanese Lillies are blooming! They make me so happy!



^That is enough to make me happy in spite of the fact that our air conditioner broke down this weekend in the middle of this awful heat! Yikes! Did I mention that our heater broke in the dead of winter this year? Yeah, we're being plagued. It's all good.

3 comments:

Michele said...

I like the colors in this purse better. When is the Etsy store's grand opening and are you serving champagne?

Not fair - your lilies are already blooming! Mine still have another three weeks!

Sara said...

The Etsy store will open this month, after our trip home to visit family next week. I thought it would be bad form to open a store and then be like, "Sorry! You can look and buy, but I can't ship for a week!" So I'm waiting until after our trip. And no, there probably won't be champagne. Maybe some chocolate ganache cake, though. Mmmmmmmm....

Yeah, my lilies are awesome over-achievers. What can I say? It's the gnomes.

Michele said...

Dude... I lied. One of my lilies bloomed today! But, I would call it an under-achiever as it only grew four petals... so lazy.