Saturday, August 29, 2009

Saturday night fun

So I was planning this great recipe blog post today, but you're gonna have to wait. Because I was cooking and taking pictures as I went so as to provide visuals for all of you when the unthinkable happened. I was cutting up a chicken (yes, I buy my chickens whole and cut them up myself. It's cheaper), and I was using a super sharp serrated knife. And I cut right through the joint of the hip bone and into my index finger.

OUCH.

That's all I have for you. I'm not going to go into the sordid details because I know Michele will read this and she's pregnant and she's in the pukey stage. I'll just tell you it was not pretty. And I remember thinking that I should clean the cut immediately. And I remember putting my hand in the sink. And I remember the water ran more red than clear. I didn't black out, but I don't remember much more than that. Next thing I knew Hubs was bandaging my finger, because he's the best husband in the world ever.

Anyway this:


Is all your fault. Okay, not really, but I needed somebody to blame. Hopefully I'll get the recipe post done SOON, but I'm taking a break from cooking for tonight. And LOST post next week. Woo hoo!

Sorry I've been MIA, I'm having life issues. I'm working on getting back to my old self, though, so no worries! :)

3 comments:

Michele said...

Thank you for taking pity on me and my morning sickness. You're a good friend! ;-)

I remember when my husband cut his finger horribly. He definitely needed stitches. But, you know, stitches and hospitals aren't "manly" or something, so he pulled the first aid kit out of his work truck, found some styptic and made me pour it into the cut. It looked awful but it stopped the bleeding. And now his finger looks fine - although I think he has some nerve damage. :-)

I am sure your foodie post will be great, despite the carnage and gore experienced while cooking. Thank you for sacrificing for us. :-)

Nancy Face said...

OUCH!!!

Jeepers, you are so much more thoughtful than I am...I just post blood and all when I slice MY finger! Here's proof:


http://nancysnonsenseofnothingness.blogspot.com/2008/01/do-you-faint-at-sight-of-blood.html

Kelly said...

Ouch!

I cut my foot in the kitchen once and blood was squirting everywhere, on the floor, the cabinet... I remember yelling for DH, telling him I needed him to come in NOW and he fixed me right up! Glad he was there, I don't know what I would have done on my own.

Hope your finger heals right up!