Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Things I love today

1. Root Beer Barrels

I was feeling down the other day. Because sometimes I just feel like a not great or talented person. And when I get that way Hubs does not get angry. He gives me hugs and tries to make me feel better. Because he is awesome. He drove all the way downtown to a little general store and bought me my favorite candy, root beer barrels, to help me feel better. He's the best. I think I'm really loving him and not the root beer barrels. Okay, I love the candy, too. No, he didn't just get me three. He got me a whole pound. Again, awesome.


2. The Ocean

Because we are visiting there in a few weeks. I love the ocean. I don't like to swim in it, because I'm afraid of sharks. And jellyfish. And pirates. But I like to look at it and I like to listen to it. And I love to sit on the sand and watch the waves roll in and taste the salt in the air. It's magic, I tell you.


3. My Gram

Because she sent me the recipe for her awesome, melt in your mouth dinner rolls. I made them last night. I didn't have time to let them rise as much as they should had because I'm a fool who didn't plan ahead. They were a little more dense than I would like, but they still tasted heavenly.



4. M's hair

It's getting so long and it's so cute in pigtails. I can't believe she's growing up this fast. For the first year of her life she had peach fuzz, a smooth pate of fine hair that wouldn't hold a bow or anything. Now she has little girl hair!


5. This angry kitteh


What are you loving today?

P.S. Hub's birthday is coming up soon. He won't tell me what he wants because he's a doofus. Any suggestions?


4 comments:

Michele said...

I love my daughter. I think she's the most amazing little thing in the world. And now that I know our time together - alone - is short, I'm just going to milk it for all it's worth.

I love our house. Because it is ours. Because it is filled with our stuff and ourselves. And because our payment is less than most in our state. Because we didn't go for non-traditional financing nor refinance when things were awesome. Not that we're bragging. But it is nice to know we're not in danger of losing our place like so many that we know.

I love my old dog, Chance. He's been in my family since he was a pup - now he's about to turn 13. If he makes it that long. This hot summer aged him severely overnight. He's not looking so good these days. Makes me very sad.

I'm not loving the picture of your grandma's rolls. But it isn't your fault or gram's fault... I just can't look at food these days. Everything makes me want to hurl. While I am loving being pregnant, I'm NOT loving morning sickness.

I love the Lord. Because He first loved me. Because of what is going on in my belly right now - Psalm 139. Because all of the hairs on my head are numbered. Because He owns the cattle on a thousand hills and yet cares enough to hear my prayers whenever they are uttered. Because of the Cross. I'm reminded of a song - Amazing Love. I shall sing it now.
I'm forgiven, because You were forsaken. I'm accepted. You were condemned. I'm alive and well, Your Spirit is within me. Because you died and rose again. Amazing Love how can it be that you my King should die for me? Amazing love, I know it's true, it's my joy to honor you. In all I do. I honor you.

Okay - I'm done. :-)

Sara said...

MICHELE! I didn't know you were expecting again! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you. As for the nausea, I was sick for 14 weeks with M. How were you with Emily? Lemon drops were the only thing that helped me.

Michele said...

I was sick the ENTIRE pregnancy with Emily. I'm in for it again. I've been sick for a week... and I'm only six weeks along. :-( On the other hand, I did lose massive quantities of weight - so there's a plus.

Thank you for the congrats!

Sara said...

I lost 14 pounds in my first trimester. My doctor kept dogging me about it until I yelled at her that I had been puking 24/7. What did she expect?