Friday, June 5, 2009

I am dead

Dead, y'all. Dead. See, we have this super fabulous Florida trip planned in September. Because of all the hospital stuff going on in the past few months I've gotten a little doughy around the middle. Now I can get up on my fitness soapbox. If you eat right and don't exercise, you're still going to be doughy around the middle! Anyway, I want to be able to wear my supercute bathing suit on the beach without someone mistaking me for a beached whale and trying to push me back into the ocean. Because I'm terrified of the ocean. No lie. I'm not a fan of swimming in something that houses jellyfish, sharks, and pirates. But I do like to sit in the sand and look at the ocean. And I'd like to do that in my supercute swimsuit.

Anyway, the reason I'm dead is that my cardiologist gave me the okay to hit the gym again this week. So I hit the gym and hit it hard. I've been every day, running, swimming, and lifting; trying to get back into shape. Tuesday I rode the bike for so long that I almost puked right there in the gym. Yesterday was the worst, though. I ran three miles and then decided to do lower body work. I hate lower body work. I will do chest presses, crunches, triceps extensions all day, but DON'T tell me to do lunges. Well, I did lunges yesterday. 50 lunges on each leg with an 8 pound weight in each hand. Then I did squats and fencer's lunges, 30 of each with a 10 pound weight. This morning my alarm went off at 5:00 am and I got up to get ready and fell flat on my face on the floor. I am SO SORE today that I can hardly move. I'm such a moron.

3 comments:

Michele said...

At least you have hope of looking good in a swimsuit. I'm more in favor of the beached whale muumuu myself. :-) Last year, we spent the week containing July 4th at a lakeside cabin. I was three months post-partem and so muffin-toppy it was ridiculous. This year, I have a little more solid muffin top. I work out five times a week... and play softball once a week. And I'm GAINING!!

Hey - soreness is a good sign that you are actually working something. It will go away - just keep at it!

Sara said...

Have you had your thyroid checked?

It is a good sign, but it hurts like the dickens! I feel like I've been hit with a bat. A baseball bat. Not a flying bat.

Michele said...

No - I need to get my thyroid checked. My mom is hypo (but still a wisp at 125 pounds - I hate her). I need to find a doctor - it has been a while. And I'm not young anymore.