Monday, March 22, 2010

A Moment of Silence

I have laryngitis. I have had no voice for three days. It is TORTURE for me. It's even harder with a preschooler running around. Here are the things that have happened since I got sick:

- M has put me in "time out" two mornings in a row because I didn't say, "Oooo Toooooooooodles!" when Mickey Mouse told me to.

- Hubs ate ALL of my Fruit Loops and I can't retaliate except to give him the stinkeye.

- One of my most talkative friends called me and talked for 10 minutes then hung up, and never realized that I didn't say anything.

- I followed Hubs around with a notebook and wrote stuff down for him. When he would laugh at me, I would draw him pictures of what I was going to do if he didn't stop laughing at me.

- Hubs let me use his laptop, which has software on it that will say what you type. It freaked M out and she hid from it and Hubs took it away from me when I kept typing, "I love you long Tim" and "You ruined a good joke, you, get out of my off ice." (If you don't watch the Office you won't get that).

- I forgot that I couldn't speak and drove through the McDonald's drive thru and sat at the speaker like a moron for a couple of minutes before driving off.

- Today my parents are visiting and I still can't talk. Should be an interesting trip for them. At least my mom understands sign language. We can communicate that way.

I hope everyone else is well! Michele, when is your baby due?

1 comment:

Michele said...

April 4 - but I think she'll come early. I have an OB appt. tomorrow - I'm anxious to hear how I'm progressing.

I would have so done that McDonald's drive thru thing.

I didn't get the Office reference. I've tried and tried to watch that show but I just don't get the humor, I guess.