Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Things I love today

1)

These napkin rings I made as door prizes for my mommy group. I want to keep them. Maybe I'll win them as a door prize. This project was cheap, and I'll probably make sets for friends for Christmas. It took 16 gauge bronze wire, 28 gauge bronze wire, and glass beads. Thanks to JoAnn's and their fabulous Veteran's Day coupons (because nothing says Veteran's Day like a well made craft), I finished this project, 4 rings, for 3.59.

2)

This Snow White dress I made for M for Christmas. I like it now. I hated it when I was making it. It's the only thing she asked for for Christmas and I, being the dolt that I am, thought I would make it instead of just buying one. This dress was the biggest pain in the butt to make. I'm not even kidding. It has applique. It has darts. It has gathers. It has a zipper. It has a popped up detachable collar. It has piping. I wanted to scream by the time it was over with. But it's done now and it's cute! And it's closer to Snow White's dress than anything they have in the store so Woo Hoo! And I may or may not have not had cording on hand to do the piping. And I may or may not have cut the string off of one of M's pull toys to use as piping. I may or may not be a horrible mom.

3)
My Cocomotion. I love it and I love the fact that it's making cocoa for me right now. Because I'm cold. And in need of chocolate.

4)

My turkey. I bought my Thanksgiving turkey and I'm so excited! I'm not, however, excited that we still have a tiny freezer and my turkey takes up the whole thing. Dear Hubs: I want to move into a bigger house where I can have a deep freezer. Thanks.

5)

Cinnabons. Love them. Love that I ate one at the mall today. Love that you can almost go into diabetic shock just by smelling one. Mmmmmmmmmmmm.....it's Cinnabon season.

What are YOU liking?

2 comments:

Nancy Face said...

Your napkin rings turned out beautiful! I hope you win them! :)

That Snow White dress is FANTASTIC...and it won't fall apart like store bought stuff! You should be so proud of yourself! :D

Michele said...

Agreed - the napkin rings and dress are to be celebrated - you did a great job! I wish Emily had an auntie like you to make things for her - not that you would because you're too busy making things for mommy groups and M - but I know you'd WANT to... and that's all that would matter to me. ;-)

Oh man - you had to post a picture of the cinnamon roll, didn't you? Now I think I need to bust out my bread machine and make some. Mmmm... I can almost smell them right now.

Things I love? My little girl - whose snotty nose and tantrums still manage to make me laugh when she's not looking. The 8 or 9 does that walked through my front yard this morning and entertained Emily as she watched them and called out "see" (which means horsie) at the front window. Ultrasound machines that have the ability to tell me TOMORROW whether I'm carrying a boy or a girl in there.