Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Convo with the Hubs

So we just had this conversation on the phone:

Me: Why are you humming Yankee Doodle?

Hubs: It's one of my songs.

Me: What? We've been married for 9 years and this is the first I'm hearing about your songs.

Hubs: *sigh* I have songs playing in my head all the time. Yankee Doodle is one of them.

Me: **snicker**

Hubs: Why are you laughing at me?! Like you don't have songs playing your head all the time.

Me: What other songs play in your head?

Hubs: The Entertainment Tonight theme song. But it's usually Yankee Doodle. When I wake up in the morning Yankee Doodle is playing in my head.

Me: **Dies from laughter**

I swear, I live with a Martian. I get songs stuck in my head, sure, but I don't have an internal playlist. Does anyone else have Hub's problem? Because he seems to think it's the norm.

4 comments:

Michele said...

Veggie Tales songs haunt my dreams... the latest is Silly Songs with Elves... it's the part of the show where Ear O' Corn comes out and sings a silly song for Elves.

I always have songs in my head. But it usually makes sense as to why they're there. Yankee Doodle would make no sense whatsoever.

Sara said...

No, Yankee Doodle makes no sense.

I have a running loop of "Once Upon a Dream" in my head right now. M is on a Sleeping Beauty kick.

Nancy Face said...

Yep, I have an internal playlist too! I'm always singing, humming, or thinking songs. ALWAYS. But not Yankee Doodle! :D

Paula said...

Hi!
I've just found your blog :)
I have one too! It's great! I never have to worry about earphones ou ipod's. Yankee Doodle is one of my most played songs. When do I use it? Mostly when I study Math. Why? Well, I don't know... Just because! :D