Sunday, September 13, 2009

Yeah, I disappeared.


I was at the beach. And it was F-U-N. Hubs and I were in great need of a vacation. See, we've been married for 8 1/2 years and have never taken an actual vacation. We always go home to visit family when Hubs has time off work, so this was a big deal for us. First, we took M to Disney World for a couple of days. Talk about a magical time. We loved it!

(my future house)

And me and Mickey are total BFFs now. For serious.

Then we spent the rest of the time on the beach and gorging ourselves on the likes of Crabcake Factory, where we had crabcakes and chicken marsala. Later in the week we ate at Maggiano's, where we had the following towering chocolate cake of death:

And Cheesecake Factory. Yes, I had the Godiva cheesecake and it was heaven on a plate. I made the moronic decision to run to the restroom after I ordered my cheesecake and this is what it looked like when I got back. Darn vultures of a family...at least they knew better than to touch my whipped cream or my chocolate square. I'll forgive M because she's small and was probably coerced, but Hubs has some 'splaining to do.

The rest of the time I laid around reading this:


It was awesome. Read it. Now. Only read Hunger Games first, or you'll be confused.

I'm going to try to do a recipe post this week, if I cook anything good. We're actually eating light to try to recover from all of the garbage we consumed on vacation. Hopefully I'll get a Lost post up, too.

4 comments:

Michele said...

I'm glad you had a nice vacation! How did M like DisneyWorld? I took Emily to Epcot Center when she was 9 months old. She was wide eyed at everything, though I can't say she enjoyed much. We'll take her to Disneyland next year.

Sara said...

M LOVED Disney. We just went to the Magic Kingdom, so there were Princesses and cartoon characters everywhere. She's still talking about it.

We considered Epcot, but I thought she'd have more fun in the Magic Kingdom.

Nancy Face said...

Hooray for Disney World! Hooray for the beach and scrumptious food! :)

I LOVED Hunger Games. I loved Catching Fire even MORE! I'm dying for the next book to come out!!!

Sara said...

We have a whole year to wait, Nancy! :(