Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Recipe time

This is a quick and easy dish that I make when I don't have a lot of time. As i was cooking it the other night, I thought I would share it with you. It's not an all out recipe, but DH loves it. I usually pair it with a salad.

Five Cheese Pasta Bake:

1 lb penne pasta
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 cup mixed shredded Italian cheeses (I use Romano, Mozzarella, Parmasean, and Asiago)
3 cups tomato based pasta sauce - I usually make my own, but I was in a hurry so I used good old Prego.
1/4 c. shredded parmesean

Preheat your oven to 350 F. Spray a glass 9x13 baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside. Boil penne until al dente (cooked, but still firm to the bite), about 8 minutes. Pour into a colander to drain and run cold water over it to halt the cooking process. After it's drained, pour it into your baking dish and add the ricotta cheese, stir so that the cheese melts and mixes with the pasta (it won't be smooth). Next add your shredded cheeses in a thick layer over the pasta. Pour the sauce on top and carefully stir to mix. Sprinkle remaining parmesean on top and bake for 30-35 minutes, until the sauce is bubbly.

It should look something like this:


Let me know if you try it or like it! This is a go to recipe in my house because it's so easy to make and I usually have most of the ingredients on hand.

3 comments:

Michele said...

I'll have to come back to this in seven months! ;-)

Sara said...

Yum!!! I have been looking for a quick-and-easy pasta recipe since I can't make baked ziti with Pasta Bake sauces anymore. Very tragic :(

Thanks for posting this!

Sara said...

Sorry, Michele! When are you going to stop puking already?

Sara, let me know if you like it!