Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Recipe time!

Peanut butter pie. Mmmmmmmmmmm. I love peanut butter. I love pies. So peanut butter pie sounds like a win to me. Here we go. You'll need:

8oz cream cheese (softened)
1 1/4 c powdered sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1 T evaporated milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 cartons of Cool Whip (yeah, baby)
1 graham cracker or Oreo pie crust
1 package Reeses' cups

First you want to blend your cream cheese and powdered sugar until it's smooth. DON'T turn on your mixer full blast, or you'll end up with a powdered sugar fail, as demonstrated in this photo:

When your powdered sugar and cream cheese are smooth, add peanut butter. I love how smooth the peanut butter top is when you open a new jar.

Add your evaporated milk and vanilla at this stage. Once again, mix until smooth. Now comes the good part. Crack open one of those Cool Whip cartons and dump the whole thing in. Mix until you have this:

YUM. Pour this filling into your pie crust (we prefer Oreo crust, but we had a guest over tonight who doesn't like chocolate so I used a graham crust). Open your second container of Cool Whip and cover the pie with it. Chop the Reeses cups and sprinkle them on top.* Cover and refrigerate.

Seriously. best. dessert. ever.

*Tip, freeze your Reeses cups while you prepare the pie. By the time you're ready to chop them they'll have stiffened up a bit and will be less likely to melt as you're chopping them.

Let me know if you try and like the recipe. Bon appetit, my friends!

2 comments:

Michele said...

OH. MY. GOSH. That looks awesome. And I'm sure it's diet, right? Geez, thanks for posting when I'm trying to lose thirty pounds. ;-)

The hubs can't eat peanut butter - he's peanut intolerant (not an allergy, he just can't digest it). SOO, I think I'll have to try this with almond butter!

LOVE recipes - keep 'em coming!

JMay said...

omg ok this looks sinfullyyyy good!
Thanks for the recipe :-)