Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Pumpkins

I know i haven't posted in awhile. I'm so terribly sorry. This thing called life keeps happening, and I've decided that I want to experience it as much as possible. So I've kind of neglected my blog. For that I am sorry.

I decided to be festive in this post.

There you go. It's a pumpkin, 'cause it's fall and stuff, y'all! I love a good pumpkin pie, cheesecake, bread, cookie, or muffin. I love the way it smells when it's baking. I love the smooth flavor. It just tastes like autumn should taste. So today I salute the pumpkin.

Today I started planning my Thanksgiving menu. I love to cook Thanksgiving dinner. The turkey and I, we spend quality time together. I'm especially looking forward to this year because instead of just me and M and the Hubs, we're having some very special familial guests. For that I am extremely thankful and willing to go out on a culinary limb. That's right. I'm going to make my own pumpkin puree instead of buying the canned stuff. All I know so far is that I need to buy a pie pumpkin and not one of the big jack-o-lantern pumpkins. Once I figure it out, I plan to post pictures of the process and maybe some tutorial tips, so stay tuned.

Fall is my favorite time of year. What's your favorite time of year?

PS My friend Lauren is doing an awesome giveaway this week of a vintage Coach bag from Orange Twine. Make sure you check it out!

2 comments:

Michele said...

I had the most amazing pumpkin appetizer at a swanky restaurant a couple of weeks ago - called Whole-Roasted Baby Pumpkin - with spicy smoked chicken, Jarlsberg cheese & cream - inside the pumpkin that has been hollowed out like a bowl. HOLY MOLY - soooo delicious. I think I'm now a pumpkin believer. I love Thanksgiving. I always make my grandma's apple sage stuffing, my mom's sweet potato souffle, and my own home made rolls. YUM. This year, we're hooking up the RV and spending Thanksgiving at my parents' - I'm sure most of the above will be on the menu though I doubt I'll be able to bake decent rolls in our little trailer oven.

Disneyland this weekend! Can't wait to see how Emily likes it.

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

I LOVE PUMPKINS :)de